Samsung Galaxy Y S5360? Then we are here for your rescue as in the due course of the article we will check out on how you can update your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version which is dubbed as XXKL3. Please note that this is the beta version of firmware which got leaked from the Samsung servers and is almost near stable version. There is still no exact date on by when this update will be rolled out officially but as per our sources, this update is already pushed for some select countries via KIES official tool.
For all those who are hoping that a new update of ICS will be coming, we would like to tell that Galaxy Y S5360 handset won’t be receiving the Android 4.0 update due to hardware limitations but as per our sources there are some developers who are developing a Value pack update for Galaxy Y which will try to accommodate some of the features as that of ICS Android 4.0 version.
Disclaimer: Please note that this process of firmware update is not recommended for the basic users and is only recommended for the advanced users. Also, we should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in any manner after applying this update.Rooting Information:
- Please note that if you apply this firmware then it doesn’t mean that the phone is rooted.
- If you have rooted your device then after applying this firmware, the rooting access will be revoked.
Note: Since this is still not an official update for all the Global users, after update your device won’t be recognized in KIES which should not be an issue as KIES is almost an Ineffective tool which is just used for receiving official updates.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your phone memory so that just in case if the data gets lost in the process of firmware update, the same can be restored easily.
- Ensure that the battery level left in your device is minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you need to disable all the Antivirus / firewall suites in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Also, close the KIES completely in your computer.
Procedure to update Gingerbread XXKL3 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360:
- First up Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 Package for Galaxy Y S5360 in your computer and then extract the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “android” without inverted comas.
- Once you extract the files, you need to match the extracted files with the below image, even if single file is missing you need to check with extraction or download process.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Y so as to enter the device in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. To know more, refer to the below Video.
- Connect the Galaxy Y in download mode to the computer while keeping the Odin opened and once connected, within a minute the ID : COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Note: If ID : COM doesn’t turn yellow then install Samsung USB Drivers, .net framework and also you need to update the KIES with the latest version so that the missing drivers are installed.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the file named as “S5360XXKL3_S5360KPPKJ1_S5360XXKL3_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find in the extracted files.
- After this you need to click on “Start” to initiate the process of firmware update. Once the update is applied successfully, the device will be restarting and you may be asked to enter the Google Account preferences along with the Internet connectivity options etc.
- As soon as you are done with them, turn Off the phone so as to get into the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
So, congratulations as you are now on the latest firmware of Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKL3 version. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face issues in the process of updating the firmware. We will try to revert back with the solution at the earliest.